Jim Wells County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Jim Wells County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Jim Wells County, Texas. You can contact the Jim Wells County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Jim Wells County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
200 N Almond StThe Jim Wells County Assessor's Office is located in Alice, Texas. Alice is the county seat of Jim Wells County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Jim Wells County Courthouse, at 200 North Almond Street.
Jim Wells County Assessor Contact Information
Jim Wells County Assessor Address
Jim Wells County Tax Assessor and Collector
200 North Almond Street
Alice, TX 78333
Jim Wells County Assessor Phone Number
Jim Wells County Assessor's Website
Additional Jim Wells County Information
Property Tax Search Tool Find Jim Wells County property tax records
Jim Wells County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Jim Wells County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Jim Wells County Tax Appraiser.
- The Jim Wells County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Jim Wells County.
- The Jim Wells County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Jim Wells County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Jim Wells County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Jim Wells County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Jim Wells County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 361-668-5720. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Jim Wells County assessor's office at 361-668-5754. Please call the assessor's office in Alice before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Jim Wells County Courthouse at 361-668-5706.
Find the tax assessor for a different Texas county
Find property records for Jim Wells County
The median property tax in Jim Wells County, Texas is $872.00