Hunt County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Hunt County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hunt County, Texas. You can contact the Hunt County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Hunt County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 1097The Hunt County Assessor's Office is located in Greenville, Texas. Greenville is the county seat of Hunt County, where most local government offices are located.
Hunt County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hunt County Information
Hunt County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hunt County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hunt County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hunt County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hunt County.
- The Hunt County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hunt County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hunt County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hunt County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hunt County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-408-4000. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hunt County assessor's office at 903-455-3203. Please call the assessor's office in Greenville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hunt County Courthouse at 903-408-4100.