Hood County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Hood County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hood County, Texas. You can contact the Hood County Assessor for:
- Checking the Hood County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
100 E Pearl StThe Hood County Assessor's Office is located in Granbury, Texas. Granbury is the county seat of Hood County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Hood County Courthouse, at 1410 Pearl Street.
Hood County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hood County Information
Hood County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hood County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hood County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hood County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hood County.
- The Hood County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hood County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hood County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hood County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hood County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 817-579-3295. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hood County assessor's office at 817-579-9303. Please call the assessor's office in Granbury before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hood County Courthouse at 817-579-3200.