Hockley County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Hockley County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hockley County, Texas. You can contact the Hockley County Assessor for:
- Checking the Hockley County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
802 Houston St Ste 101The Hockley County Assessor's Office is located in Levelland, Texas. Levelland is the county seat of Hockley County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Hockley County Courthouse, at 802 Houston Street, Suite 106.
Hockley County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hockley County Information
Hockley County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hockley County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hockley County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hockley County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hockley County.
- The Hockley County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hockley County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hockley County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hockley County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hockley County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-894-4938. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Levelland before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hockley County Courthouse at 806-894-6856.