Hill County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Hill County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hill County, Texas. You can contact the Hill County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Hill County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
1 North Waco StreetThe Hill County Assessor's Office is located in Hillsboro, Texas. Hillsboro is the county seat of Hill County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Hill County Courthouse, at 1 North Waco Street.
Hill County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hill County Information
Hill County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hill County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hill County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hill County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hill County.
- The Hill County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hill County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hill County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hill County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hill County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 254-582-4000. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hill County assessor's office at 254-582-4001. Please call the assessor's office in Hillsboro before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hill County Courthouse at 254-582-4020.