Hidalgo County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Hidalgo County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hidalgo County, Texas. You can contact the Hidalgo County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Hidalgo County property tax due date
100 N Closner BlvdThe Hidalgo County Assessor's Office is located in the Hidalgo County Administration Bldg in Edinburg, Texas. Edinburg is the county seat of Hidalgo County, where most local government offices are located.
Hidalgo County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hidalgo County Information
Hidalgo County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hidalgo County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hidalgo County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hidalgo County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hidalgo County.
- The Hidalgo County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hidalgo County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hidalgo County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hidalgo County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hidalgo County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 956-318-2157. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Edinburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hidalgo County Courthouse at 956-318-2600.