Hemphill County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Hemphill County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hemphill County, Texas. You can contact the Hemphill County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Hemphill County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
400 Main StThe Hemphill County Assessor's Office is located in Canadian, Texas. Canadian is the county seat of Hemphill County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Hemphill County Courthouse, at 400 Main Street.
Hemphill County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hemphill County Information
Hemphill County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hemphill County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hemphill County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hemphill County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hemphill County.
- The Hemphill County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hemphill County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hemphill County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hemphill County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hemphill County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-323-6661. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hemphill County assessor's office at 806-323-9745. Please call the assessor's office in Canadian before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hemphill County Courthouse at 806-323-6521.