Hays County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Hays County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hays County, Texas. You can contact the Hays County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Hays County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
111 East San Antonio StreetThe Hays County Assessor's Office is located in San Marcos, Texas. San Marcos is the county seat of Hays County, where most local government offices are located.
Hays County Assessor Contact Information
Hays County Assessor Address
Hays County Tax Assessor and Collector
102 N. LBJ Dr.
San Marcos, TX 78666
Hays County Assessor Phone Number
Hays County Assessor's Website
Additional Hays County Information
Appraisal District Online Mapping (GIS Maps) Geographical Information System
Pay Your Property Tax How to pay property taxes
Property Tax Search Tool Find Hays County property tax records
Hays County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hays County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hays County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hays County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hays County.
- The Hays County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hays County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hays County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hays County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hays County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 512-393-5545. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hays County assessor's office at 512-393-5517. Please call the assessor's office in San Marcos before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hays County Courthouse at 512-393-2205.
Find the tax assessor for a different Texas county
Find property records for Hays County