Haskell County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Haskell County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Haskell County, Texas. You can contact the Haskell County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Haskell County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
1 Avenue D Ste 12The Haskell County Assessor's Office is located in Haskell, Texas. Haskell is the county seat of Haskell County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Haskell County Courthouse, at 1 Avenue D.
Haskell County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Haskell County Information
Haskell County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Haskell County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Haskell County Tax Appraiser.
- The Haskell County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Haskell County.
- The Haskell County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Haskell County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Haskell County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Haskell County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Haskell County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 940-864-2181. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Haskell County assessor's office at 940-864-6164. Please call the assessor's office in Haskell before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Haskell County Courthouse at 940-864-2451.