Hartley County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Hartley County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hartley County, Texas. You can contact the Hartley County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Hartley County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX GThe Hartley County Assessor's Office is located in Channing, Texas. Channing is the county seat of Hartley County, where most local government offices are located.
Hartley County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hartley County Information
Hartley County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hartley County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hartley County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hartley County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hartley County.
- The Hartley County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hartley County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hartley County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hartley County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hartley County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-235-3142. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hartley County assessor's office at 806-235-2003. Please call the assessor's office in Channing before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hartley County Courthouse at 806-235-3442.