Harrison County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Harrison County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Harrison County, Texas. You can contact the Harrison County Assessor for:
- Checking the Harrison County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
200 W Houston StThe Harrison County Assessor's Office is located in Marshall, Texas. Marshall is the county seat of Harrison County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Harrison County Courthouse, at 200 West Houston Street, Suite 108.
Harrison County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Harrison County Information
Harrison County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Harrison County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Harrison County Tax Appraiser.
- The Harrison County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Harrison County.
- The Harrison County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Harrison County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Harrison County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Harrison County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Harrison County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-935-8411. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Harrison County assessor's office at 903-935-5564. Please call the assessor's office in Marshall before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Harrison County Courthouse at 903-935-4845.