Hamilton County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Hamilton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hamilton County, Texas. You can contact the Hamilton County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Hamilton County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
102 N Rice StThe Hamilton County Assessor's Office is located in Hamilton, Texas. Hamilton is the county seat of Hamilton County, where most local government offices are located.
Hamilton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hamilton County Information
Hamilton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hamilton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hamilton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hamilton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hamilton County.
- The Hamilton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hamilton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hamilton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hamilton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hamilton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 254-386-5114. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hamilton County assessor's office at 254-386-3841. Please call the assessor's office in Hamilton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hamilton County Courthouse at 254-386-3815.