Hale County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Hale County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hale County, Texas. You can contact the Hale County Assessor for:
- Checking the Hale County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
500 Broadway StThe Hale County Assessor's Office is located in Plainview, Texas. Plainview is the county seat of Hale County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Hale County Courthouse, at 521 Broadway.
Hale County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hale County Information
Hale County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hale County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hale County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hale County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hale County.
- The Hale County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hale County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hale County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hale County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hale County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-291-5276. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hale County assessor's office at 806-296-0876. Please call the assessor's office in Plainview before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hale County Courthouse at 806-291-5214.