Guadalupe County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Guadalupe County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Guadalupe County, Texas. You can contact the Guadalupe County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Guadalupe County property tax due date
307 W Court StThe Guadalupe County Assessor's Office is located in Seguin, Texas. Seguin is the county seat of Guadalupe County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Guadalupe County Courthouse, at 307 West Court Street.
Guadalupe County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Guadalupe County Information
Guadalupe County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Guadalupe County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Guadalupe County Tax Appraiser.
- The Guadalupe County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Guadalupe County.
- The Guadalupe County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Guadalupe County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Guadalupe County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Guadalupe County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Guadalupe County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-379-2315. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Seguin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Guadalupe County Courthouse at 830-303-4188.