Grimes County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Grimes County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Grimes County, Texas. You can contact the Grimes County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Grimes County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 209The Grimes County Assessor's Office is located in the Grimes County Courthouse Annex in Anderson, Texas. Anderson is the county seat of Grimes County, where most local government offices are located.
Grimes County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Grimes County Information
Grimes County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Grimes County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Grimes County Tax Appraiser.
- The Grimes County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Grimes County.
- The Grimes County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Grimes County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Grimes County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Grimes County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Grimes County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 936-873-4465. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Grimes County assessor's office at 936-873-4458. Please call the assessor's office in Anderson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Grimes County government at 936-873-2662.