Gregg County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Gregg County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gregg County, Texas. You can contact the Gregg County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Gregg County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
101 East Methvin StreetThe Gregg County Assessor's Office is located in Longview, Texas. Longview is the county seat of Gregg County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Gregg County Courthouse, at 101 E. Methvin, Suite 215.
Gregg County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gregg County Information
Gregg County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gregg County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gregg County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gregg County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gregg County.
- The Gregg County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gregg County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gregg County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gregg County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gregg County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-237-2552. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Gregg County assessor's office at 903-237-2607. Please call the assessor's office in Longview before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gregg County Courthouse at 903-236-8420.