Grayson County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Grayson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Grayson County, Texas. You can contact the Grayson County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Grayson County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
100 W Houston StThe Grayson County Assessor's Office is located in Sherman, Texas. Sherman is the county seat of Grayson County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Grayson County Courthouse, at 100 West Houston, Suite 11.
Grayson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Grayson County Information
Grayson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Grayson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Grayson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Grayson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Grayson County.
- The Grayson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Grayson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Grayson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Grayson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Grayson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-892-8297. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Grayson County assessor's office at 903-892-4973. Please call the assessor's office in Sherman before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Grayson County Courthouse at 903-813-4228.