Gray County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Gray County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gray County, Texas. You can contact the Gray County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Gray County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
205 North Russell StreetThe Gray County Assessor's Office is located in Pampa, Texas. Pampa is the county seat of Gray County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Gray County Courthouse, at 205 North Russell Street.
Gray County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gray County Information
Gray County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gray County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gray County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gray County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gray County.
- The Gray County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gray County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gray County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gray County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gray County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-669-8018. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Pampa before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gray County Courthouse at 806-669-8004.