Gonzales County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Gonzales County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gonzales County, Texas. You can contact the Gonzales County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Gonzales County property tax due date
PO BOX 80The Gonzales County Assessor's Office is located in Gonzales, Texas. Gonzales is the county seat of Gonzales County, where most local government offices are located.
Gonzales County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gonzales County Information
Gonzales County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gonzales County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gonzales County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gonzales County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gonzales County.
- The Gonzales County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gonzales County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gonzales County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gonzales County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gonzales County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-672-2841. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Gonzales County assessor's office at 830-672-3476. Please call the assessor's office in Gonzales before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gonzales County Courthouse at 830-672-2327.