Goliad County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Goliad County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Goliad County, Texas. You can contact the Goliad County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Goliad County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 677The Goliad County Assessor's Office is located in the Franklin Street Annex in Goliad, Texas. Goliad is the county seat of Goliad County, where most local government offices are located.
Goliad County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Goliad County Information
Goliad County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Goliad County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Goliad County Tax Appraiser.
- The Goliad County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Goliad County.
- The Goliad County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Goliad County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Goliad County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Goliad County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Goliad County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 361-645-3354. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Goliad County assessor's office at 361-645-8544. Please call the assessor's office in Goliad before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Goliad County Courthouse at 361-645-3627.