Glasscock County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Glasscock County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Glasscock County, Texas. You can contact the Glasscock County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Glasscock County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 190The Glasscock County Assessor's Office is located in Garden City, Texas. Garden City is the county seat of Glasscock County, where most local government offices are located.
Glasscock County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Glasscock County Information
Glasscock County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Glasscock County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Glasscock County Tax Appraiser.
- The Glasscock County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Glasscock County.
- The Glasscock County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Glasscock County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Glasscock County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Glasscock County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Glasscock County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 432-354-2361. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Glasscock County assessor's office at 432-354-2661. Please call the assessor's office in Garden City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Glasscock County Courthouse at 432-354-2382.