Gillespie County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Gillespie County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gillespie County, Texas. You can contact the Gillespie County Assessor for:
- Checking the Gillespie County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
101 W Main StThe Gillespie County Assessor's Office is located in Fredericksburg, Texas. Fredericksburg is the county seat of Gillespie County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Gillespie County Courthouse, at 101 West Main Street.
Gillespie County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gillespie County Information
Gillespie County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gillespie County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gillespie County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gillespie County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gillespie County.
- The Gillespie County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gillespie County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gillespie County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gillespie County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gillespie County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-997-6519. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Gillespie County assessor's office at 830-990-2756. Please call the assessor's office in Fredericksburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gillespie County Courthouse at 830-997-7502.