Garza County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Garza County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Garza County, Texas. You can contact the Garza County Assessor for:
- Checking the Garza County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 818The Garza County Assessor's Office is located in Post, Texas. Post is the county seat of Garza County, where most local government offices are located.
Garza County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Garza County Information
Garza County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Garza County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Garza County Tax Appraiser.
- The Garza County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Garza County.
- The Garza County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Garza County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Garza County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Garza County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Garza County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-495-4448. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Garza County assessor's office at 806-495-4483. Please call the assessor's office in Post before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Garza County Courthouse at 806-495-4407.