Galveston County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Galveston County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Galveston County, Texas. You can contact the Galveston County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Galveston County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
722 Moody AveThe Galveston County Assessor's Office is located in Galveston, Texas. Galveston is the county seat of Galveston County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Galveston County Courthouse, at 722 Moody Avenue.
Galveston County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Galveston County Information
Galveston County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Galveston County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Galveston County Tax Appraiser.
- The Galveston County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Galveston County.
- The Galveston County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Galveston County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Galveston County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Galveston County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Galveston County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 409-766-2284. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Galveston County assessor's office at 409-766-2479. Please call the assessor's office in Galveston before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Galveston County Courthouse at 281-766-2244.