Gaines County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Gaines County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gaines County, Texas. You can contact the Gaines County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Gaines County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 847The Gaines County Assessor's Office is located in the Gaines County Courthouse in Seminole, Texas. Seminole is the county seat of Gaines County, where most local government offices are located.
Gaines County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gaines County Information
Gaines County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gaines County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gaines County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gaines County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gaines County.
- The Gaines County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gaines County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gaines County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gaines County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gaines County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 432-758-4008. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Gaines County assessor's office at 432-758-4035. Please call the assessor's office in Seminole before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gaines County Courthouse at 432-758-5411.