Frio County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Frio County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Frio County, Texas. You can contact the Frio County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Frio County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
500 E San Antonio StThe Frio County Assessor's Office is located in Pearsall, Texas. Pearsall is the county seat of Frio County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Frio County Courthouse, at 500 East San Antonio Street.
Frio County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Frio County Information
Frio County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Frio County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Frio County Tax Appraiser.
- The Frio County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Frio County.
- The Frio County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Frio County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Frio County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Frio County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Frio County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-334-2152. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Frio County assessor's office at 830-334-0006. Please call the assessor's office in Pearsall before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Frio County Courthouse at 830-334-0013.