Freestone County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Freestone County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Freestone County, Texas. You can contact the Freestone County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Freestone County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 1010The Freestone County Assessor's Office is located in Fairfield, Texas. Fairfield is the county seat of Freestone County, where most local government offices are located.
Freestone County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Freestone County Information
Freestone County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Freestone County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Freestone County Tax Appraiser.
- The Freestone County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Freestone County.
- The Freestone County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Freestone County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Freestone County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Freestone County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Freestone County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-389-2336. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Freestone County assessor's office at 903-389-6533. Please call the assessor's office in Fairfield before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Freestone County Courthouse at 903-389-2635.