Fort Bend County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Fort Bend County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Fort Bend County, Texas. You can contact the Fort Bend County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Fort Bend County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Fort Bend County Assessor's Office is located in Katy, Texas.
Fort Bend County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Fort Bend County Information
Fort Bend County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Fort Bend County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Fort Bend County Tax Appraiser.
- The Fort Bend County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Fort Bend County.
- The Fort Bend County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Fort Bend County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Fort Bend County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Fort Bend County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Fort Bend County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 494-5714. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Katy before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.