Floyd County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Floyd County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Floyd County, Texas. You can contact the Floyd County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Floyd County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 476The Floyd County Assessor's Office is located in the County Courthouse, Suite 116 in Floydada, Texas. Floydada is the county seat of Floyd County, where most local government offices are located.
Floyd County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Floyd County Information
Floyd County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Floyd County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Floyd County Tax Appraiser.
- The Floyd County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Floyd County.
- The Floyd County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Floyd County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Floyd County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Floyd County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Floyd County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-983-4908. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Floyd County assessor's office at 806-983-4909. Please call the assessor's office in Floydada before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Floyd County Courthouse at 806-983-2244.