Fisher County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Fisher County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Fisher County, Texas. You can contact the Fisher County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Fisher County property tax due date
PO BOX 368The Fisher County Assessor's Office is located in Roby, Texas. Roby is the county seat of Fisher County, where most local government offices are located.
Fisher County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Fisher County Information
Fisher County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Fisher County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Fisher County Tax Appraiser.
- The Fisher County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Fisher County.
- The Fisher County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Fisher County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Fisher County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Fisher County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Fisher County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-776-2181. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Fisher County assessor's office at 325-776-2104. Please call the assessor's office in Roby before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Fisher County Courthouse at 325-776-2151.