Fayette County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Fayette County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Fayette County, Texas. You can contact the Fayette County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Fayette County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
151 North Washington SteetThe Fayette County Assessor's Office is located in La Grange, Texas. La Grange is the county seat of Fayette County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Fayette County Courthouse, at 151 North Washington Street, Room 107.
Fayette County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Fayette County Information
Fayette County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Fayette County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Fayette County Tax Appraiser.
- The Fayette County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Fayette County.
- The Fayette County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Fayette County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Fayette County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Fayette County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Fayette County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 979-968-3164. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Fayette County assessor's office at 979-968-5840. Please call the assessor's office in La Grange before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Fayette County Courthouse at 979-968-3055.