Erath County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Erath County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Erath County, Texas. You can contact the Erath County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Erath County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
100 Graham StreetThe Erath County Assessor's Office is located in Stephenville, Texas. Stephenville is the county seat of Erath County, where most local government offices are located.
Erath County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Erath County Information
Erath County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Erath County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Erath County Tax Appraiser.
- The Erath County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Erath County.
- The Erath County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Erath County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Erath County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Erath County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Erath County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 254-965-8630. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Erath County assessor's office at 254-965-4025. Please call the assessor's office in Stephenville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Erath County Courthouse at 254-965-1452.