El Paso County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The El Paso County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in El Paso County, Texas. You can contact the El Paso County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the El Paso County property tax due date
500 E San Antonio AveThe El Paso County Assessor's Office is located in El Paso, Texas. El Paso is the county seat of El Paso County, where most local government offices are located.
El Paso County Assessor Contact Information
Additional El Paso County Information
El Paso County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the El Paso County Tax Assessor may also serve as the El Paso County Tax Appraiser.
- The El Paso County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in El Paso County.
- The El Paso County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The El Paso County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in El Paso County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting El Paso County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the El Paso County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 915-546-2140. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the El Paso County assessor's office at 915-546-8100. Please call the assessor's office in El Paso before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the El Paso County Courthouse at 915-546-2000.