Ellis County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Ellis County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ellis County, Texas. You can contact the Ellis County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Ellis County property tax due date
101 W Main StThe Ellis County Assessor's Office is located in Waxahachie, Texas. Waxahachie is the county seat of Ellis County, where most local government offices are located.
Ellis County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ellis County Information
Ellis County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ellis County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ellis County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ellis County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ellis County.
- The Ellis County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ellis County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ellis County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ellis County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ellis County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 972-825-5150. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ellis County assessor's office at 972-825-5151. Please call the assessor's office in Waxahachie before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ellis County Courthouse at 972-825-5000.