Edwards County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Edwards County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Edwards County, Texas. You can contact the Edwards County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Edwards County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 348The Edwards County Assessor's Office is located in Rock Springs, Texas.
Edwards County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Edwards County Information
Edwards County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Edwards County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Edwards County Tax Appraiser.
- The Edwards County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Edwards County.
- The Edwards County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Edwards County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Edwards County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Edwards County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Edwards County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-683-2337. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Edwards County assessor's office at 830-683-4193. Please call the assessor's office in Rock Springs before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Edwards County government at 830-683-2235.