Ector County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Ector County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ector County, Texas. You can contact the Ector County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Ector County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
1010 E 8Th StThe Ector County Assessor's Office is located in Odessa, Texas. Odessa is the county seat of Ector County, where most local government offices are located.
Ector County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ector County Information
Ector County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ector County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ector County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ector County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ector County.
- The Ector County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ector County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ector County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ector County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ector County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 432-498-4055. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ector County assessor's office at 432-498-4057. Please call the assessor's office in Odessa before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ector County Courthouse at 432-498-4130.