Duval County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Duval County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Duval County, Texas. You can contact the Duval County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Duval County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
PO Box 189The Duval County Assessor's Office is located in San Diego, Texas. San Diego is the county seat of Duval County, where most local government offices are located.
Duval County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Duval County Information
Duval County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Duval County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Duval County Tax Appraiser.
- The Duval County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Duval County.
- The Duval County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Duval County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Duval County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Duval County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Duval County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 361-279-3613. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Duval County assessor's office at 361-279-2193. Please call the assessor's office in San Diego before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Duval County Courthouse at 361-279-3322.