Donley County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Donley County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Donley County, Texas. You can contact the Donley County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Donley County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
The Donley County Assessor's Office is located in the Donley County Courthouse Annex in Clarendon, Texas.
Donley County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Donley County Information
Donley County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Donley County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Donley County Tax Appraiser.
- The Donley County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Donley County.
- The Donley County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Donley County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Donley County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Donley County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Donley County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-874-2193. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Donley County assessor's office at 806-874-3165. Please call the assessor's office in Clarendon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.