Dimmit County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Dimmit County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dimmit County, Texas. You can contact the Dimmit County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Dimmit County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
103 N 5Th StThe Dimmit County Assessor's Office is located in Carrizo Springs, Texas. Carrizo Springs is the county seat of Dimmit County, where most local government offices are located.
Dimmit County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Dimmit County Information
Dimmit County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dimmit County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dimmit County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dimmit County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dimmit County.
- The Dimmit County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dimmit County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dimmit County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dimmit County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dimmit County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-876-4246-Ext.-3. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Dimmit County assessor's office at 830-876-4211. Please call the assessor's office in Carrizo Springs before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dimmit County Courthouse at 830-876-2323.