Dickens County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Dickens County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dickens County, Texas. You can contact the Dickens County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Dickens County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 179The Dickens County Assessor's Office is located in the Dickens County Courthouse in Dickens, Texas. Dickens is the county seat of Dickens County, where most local government offices are located.
Dickens County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Dickens County Information
Dickens County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dickens County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dickens County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dickens County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dickens County.
- The Dickens County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dickens County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dickens County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dickens County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dickens County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-623-5216. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Dickens County assessor's office at 806-623-5361. Please call the assessor's office in Dickens before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dickens County Courthouse at 806-623-5532.