Dewitt County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Dewitt County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dewitt County, Texas. You can contact the Dewitt County Assessor for:
- Checking the Dewitt County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
307 N Gonzales StThe Dewitt County Assessor's Office is located in Cuero, Texas. Cuero is the county seat of Dewitt County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Dewitt County Courthouse, at 115 North Gonzales Street.
Dewitt County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Dewitt County Information
Dewitt County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dewitt County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dewitt County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dewitt County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dewitt County.
- The Dewitt County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dewitt County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dewitt County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dewitt County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dewitt County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 361-275-0879. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Dewitt County assessor's office at 361-275-0883. Please call the assessor's office in Cuero before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dewitt County Courthouse at 361-275-2116.