Denton County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Denton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Denton County, Texas. You can contact the Denton County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Denton County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
110 W Hickory StThe Denton County Assessor's Office is located in Denton, Texas. Denton is the county seat of Denton County, where most local government offices are located.
Denton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Denton County Information
Denton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Denton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Denton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Denton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Denton County.
- The Denton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Denton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Denton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Denton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Denton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 940-349-3500. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Denton County assessor's office at 940-349-3501. Please call the assessor's office in Denton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Denton County Courthouse at 940-349-2820.