Delta County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Delta County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Delta County, Texas. You can contact the Delta County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Delta County property tax due date
200 W Dallas AveThe Delta County Assessor's Office is located in Cooper, Texas. Cooper is the county seat of Delta County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Delta County Courthouse, at 200 West Dallas Avenue.
Delta County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Delta County Information
Delta County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Delta County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Delta County Tax Appraiser.
- The Delta County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Delta County.
- The Delta County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Delta County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Delta County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Delta County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Delta County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-395-4400. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Delta County assessor's office at 903-395-4638. Please call the assessor's office in Cooper before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Delta County Courthouse at 903-395-4400.