Deaf Smith County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Deaf Smith County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Deaf Smith County, Texas. You can contact the Deaf Smith County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Deaf Smith County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
235 East 3rd, Room 201The Deaf Smith County Assessor's Office is located in Hereford, Texas. Hereford is the county seat of Deaf Smith County, where most local government offices are located.
Deaf Smith County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Deaf Smith County Information
Deaf Smith County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Deaf Smith County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Deaf Smith County Tax Appraiser.
- The Deaf Smith County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Deaf Smith County.
- The Deaf Smith County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Deaf Smith County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Deaf Smith County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Deaf Smith County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Deaf Smith County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-363-7044. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Deaf Smith County assessor's office at 806-364-3787. Please call the assessor's office in Hereford before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Deaf Smith County Courthouse at 806-363-7000.