Dawson County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Dawson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dawson County, Texas. You can contact the Dawson County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Dawson County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 1268The Dawson County Assessor's Office is located in Lamesa, Texas. Lamesa is the county seat of Dawson County, where most local government offices are located.
Dawson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Dawson County Information
Dawson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dawson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dawson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dawson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dawson County.
- The Dawson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dawson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dawson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dawson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dawson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-872-7181. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Dawson County assessor's office at 806-872-9643. Please call the assessor's office in Lamesa before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dawson County Courthouse at 806-872-7544.