Dallas County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Dallas County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dallas County, Texas. You can contact the Dallas County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Dallas County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
509 Main St Ste 103The Dallas County Assessor's Office is located in the Dallas County Tax Office in Dallas, Texas. Dallas is the county seat of Dallas County, where most local government offices are located.
Dallas County Assessor Contact Information
City of Richardson Assessor Address
City of Richardson Tax Department
411 West Arapaho
Richardson, TX 75080 Dallas County
City of Richardson Assessor Phone Number
City of Richardson Assessor's Website
Dallas County Assessor Address
Dallas County Tax Assessor - Collector
Dallas County Tax Office
500 Elm Street, Records Building
Dallas, TX 75202
Dallas County Assessor Phone Number
Dallas County Assessor's Website
Additional Dallas County Information
City of Carrollton - GIS Map Geographical Information System
City of Cedar Hill Commercial & Industrial Real Estate Search City-specific resource
City of Dallas Commercial and Industrial Real Estate Search (GIS Maps) Geographical Information System
City of Garland Property Tax Search and Pay Property Taxes (Tax Records) City-specific resource
City of Irving Property Tax Search and Pay Property Taxes (Tax Records) City-specific resource
City of Mesquite Property Tax Search and Pay Property Taxes (Tax Records) City-specific resource
City of Richardson - Property Tax Search City-specific resource
GIS Map & Parcel Search Geographical Information System
Property Tax Information Find Dallas County property tax records
Property Tax Search and Pay Property Taxes (Tax Records) Find Dallas County property tax records
Property Tax Search Tool Find Dallas County property tax records
Dallas County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dallas County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dallas County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dallas County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dallas County.
- The Dallas County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dallas County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dallas County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dallas County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dallas County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 214-653-7811. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Dallas County assessor's office at 214-653-7887. Please call the assessor's office in Dallas before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dallas County Administration Building at 214-653-7327.
Find the tax assessor for a different Texas county
Find property records for Dallas County
The median property tax in Dallas County, Texas is $2,827.00