Dallam County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Dallam County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dallam County, Texas. You can contact the Dallam County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Dallam County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
P.O. Box 9395The Dallam County Assessor's Office is located in Dalhart, Texas. Dalhart is the county seat of Dallam County, where most local government offices are located.
Dallam County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Dallam County Information
Dallam County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dallam County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dallam County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dallam County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dallam County.
- The Dallam County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dallam County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dallam County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dallam County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dallam County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-244-5711. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Dalhart before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dallam County Courthouse at 806-249-2450.