Culberson County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Culberson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Culberson County, Texas. You can contact the Culberson County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Culberson County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO Box 747The Culberson County Assessor's Office is located in Van Horn, Texas. Van Horn is the county seat of Culberson County, where most local government offices are located.
Culberson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Culberson County Information
Culberson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Culberson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Culberson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Culberson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Culberson County.
- The Culberson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Culberson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Culberson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Culberson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Culberson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 432-283-2130. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Culberson County assessor's office at 432-283-1939. Please call the assessor's office in Van Horn before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Culberson County Courthouse at 432-283-2115.