Crosby County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Crosby County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Crosby County, Texas. You can contact the Crosby County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Crosby County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
201 W Aspen St, Room 208The Crosby County Assessor's Office is located in Crosbyton, Texas. Crosbyton is the county seat of Crosby County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Crosby County government, at 201 West Aspen, Suite 100.
Crosby County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Crosby County Information
Crosby County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Crosby County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Crosby County Tax Appraiser.
- The Crosby County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Crosby County.
- The Crosby County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Crosby County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Crosby County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Crosby County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Crosby County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-675-2311. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Crosby County assessor's office at 806-675-2516. Please call the assessor's office in Crosbyton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Crosby County government at 806-675-2011.