Crane County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Crane County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Crane County, Texas. You can contact the Crane County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Crane County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO Box 1175The Crane County Assessor's Office is located in Crane, Texas. Crane is the county seat of Crane County, where most local government offices are located.
Crane County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Crane County Information
Crane County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Crane County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Crane County Tax Appraiser.
- The Crane County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Crane County.
- The Crane County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Crane County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Crane County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Crane County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Crane County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 432-558-2622. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Crane County assessor's office at 432-558-1185. Please call the assessor's office in Crane before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Crane County Courthouse at 432-558-3581.